Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Real Life Haute Couture



(photos by Kasia Bobula)
When I first saw the look book images of the usual givenchy girls by the bridge, I was underwhelmed. There was so much of the last two couture collections here, I intially dismissed it as Tisci recycling. It wasn't until I saw these shots by Kasia Bobula of the actual installation and the details up close in their perfection that I fell in love. Now I see that this is Ricardo refining, letting go of his gimick of oriental birds of paradise or his devotion to the gothic. In this collection he simply poured all into the beuaty and practice of couture. He used the houses LemariƩ for feathers and Lesage for broderie. Each pearl was wrapped in organza to contain the sheen placed on fabric so fine it is barely perceptable, even the fabric flowers were hand-picked antiques. Not only is the mastery of couture undeniable, but here all the elements together don't weigh down the dresses but rather create a lightness. For the first time I think Tisci has found his perfection.

7 comments:

  1. I had never seen these shots either, but they are gorgeous! Very simple photography highlights the incredible dresses. Beautiful, and they have an aged quality about them that I feel only makes them dreamier!

    Love your blog, and hope that if you have time you will stop by my site, The Internet Garbage and leave some feedback! We are just getting our feet off the ground and would love to see you around!

    Much love,
    The Internet Garbage

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! i didnt know that I love givenchy thanks for posting :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. u are absolutely right, the details in the dresses are stunning and way too beautiful to be true!

    xx, Sabinna and David

    broken-cookies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. great post!
    love the dresses


    milk-thief.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i can't get over these pieces. they are beyond gorgeous.
    i'd die just to have one hanging in my wardrobe! x.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is it weird that I totally want to get married in a sheer dress now?

    ReplyDelete